Raw Vegan Neapolitan Nice-Cream Banana Split with Hot Fudge & Caramel
I'm not gonna lie, it's virtually impossible to not feel guilty eating such an insanely delicious Neapolitan Nice-Cream Banana Split with Hot Fudge & Caramel! Our brains are just conditioned to believe anything this utterly divine can't be good for us. And yet...
I'm enjoying this over-the-top decadence for breakfast, lunch, dinner - whenever I want -because this irresistible, melt-in-your-mouth lusciousness is actually completely amazing for us!
Dairy Free, Sugar Free Vegan Hot Fudge & Caramel Sauces in all their glory - Oh My Yum!
Whoever came up with the "You can't have your cake and eat it too" phrase definitely did not know what they were talking about! In fact, the more I learn, the more I realize the complete and utter falsity of that statement. It really appears as though the simpler we live - far, far and away from unnecessary chemicals, processing, faux scents, unnatural flavorings and animal derived products... and the closer we get to the flavor of REAL strawberries, REAL chocolate, REAL sweetness, with a REAL cherry on top, all of which have isn't it obvious SO much better flavor than some man-made replica... the closer we get to authenticity and the healthier and happier we make our bodies. The more living foods we eat, the more alive we become. Life force is that magic scientists still haven't been able to distinguish or identify! It's who we are. What makes us us. When we feed our cells fresh, beautiful, LIVING high-vibrational fruits, vegetables and plant based foods, we're putting that magic into our bodies, enabling us to operate on a higher level.
But hey, even if we're not interested in feeling, looking and living up to our absolute highest level - this sundae is so darn delicious, that's worth it alone :)
Complete with Chunks of Raw Vegan Fudge Brownies, Sprouted Walnuts & toppings galore!
So as if looking & feeling our best and sublime flavor weren't enough, I feel compelled to single out one more (super impressive) health benefit from the myriad we'll derive eating bananas, strawberries, coconut nectar, cacao, walnuts, almonds, dates and all the other healthifying/beautifying ingredients in this deceptively sublime dish of yum:
Banana Nice-Cream requires REALLY ripe nanas. I'm talking the kind covered in brown spots - in fact a fully brown banana is excellent because it means the banana is SUPER sweet and will make incredibly CREAMY Nice-Cream. Japanese scientists researching fruits and vegetables and their affects on health have discovered a substance in ripe (brown spotted) bananas called Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF), which increases immune capacity; leading to the conclusion that eating ripe bananas has the potential to help prevent lifestyle-related diseases and carcinogenesis. TNF acts as an anti-cancer agent by stimulating the production of white blood cells helping to fight abnormal tumor cells in the body... Making a Neapolitan Nice-Cream Banana Split with Hot Fudge & Caramel an anti-cancer powerhouse!! Kaboom!
Of course by now you're used to hearing all about all the other hair/skin/nail boosting phytonutrients, antioxidants & vitamins, bone/teeth building minerals, heart healthy omega-3's, and all the protein, fiber and etc. etc. fabulosity found in living plant-based recipes such as this one - and yes ALL of those things are in this dish too! So, rather than write a book here, I'll close it on that. However, should you have any questions or want further details on anything do post your fine question in the comments below.
 “Differences in Biological Response Modifier-like Activities According to the Strain and Maturity of Bananas” – Department of Medical Life Chemistry, Japan, 2008.
This is my submission to Ren & Elizabeth at Simple and in Season!
Recipe for Neapolitan Nice-Cream Banana Split w/ Hot Fudge & Caramel
(Makes at least 2 large Sundaes with leftovers)
Neapolitan Nice Cream
- 12 frozen, super ripe bananas (PEEL your super ripe bananas first! Then freeze overnight. I peel & pack all of mine into a large BPA free plastic box, smoosh the lid on, then freeze. Each day I dump the whole block out on my cutting board cutting off the size chunk I need since frozen bananas are always sliceable. *PS. Super ripe doesn't mean you want to eat any nanas with cuts, scrapes or mold of course, as they would be harboring bacteria!)
- 10 ounces strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 2 Tbsp cacao (or sub carob powder)
- your favorite healthy sweetener to taste (stevia, raw coconut nectar, raw honey, raw maple syrup, raw coconut sugar)
- optional: himalayan sea salt, CEYLON cinnamon (Cassia is toxic), vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil (click to read the amazing benefits!)
- 1/4 cup cacao
- your favorite healthy sweetener to taste (I love raw coconut nectar & stevia)
- optional: sea salt, cinnamon, vanilla powder
- 3/4 cup raw coconut nectar (raw coconut nectar is low glycemic, non-toxic, low in fructose, improves digestion, boasts medium chain fatty acids which improve heart health, contains 17 amino acids, a host of minerals & vitamins B & C and is hypoallergenic, antiviral/antifungal/antiseptic/antibacterial & antiparasitic!)
- Raw Fudge Brownie Chunks (click link for recipe)
- 1 banana per sundae, sliced in 1/2 - choose firmer nice-looking ones as these are for garnishing the split
- walnuts, chopped (ideally sprouted)
- 1 cherry per sundae
- optional: Whipped Cashew Cream (click link for recipe)
Neapolitan Nice Cream
- Blend all the bananas using the tamper with your high speed blender (I recommend a Vitamix) until smooth and creamy, similar to softserve, but no where near totally melted like a smoothie. Alternatively, use a food processor. Dump 2/3 of the Nice-Cream out into a container and reserve in freezer for a moment.
- Vanilla: You're done with the vanilla! If you want to add a bit of vanilla powder or sweetener to amp it up, go ahead. Dump into it's own container and place in freezer.
- Strawberry: Dump 1/2 the reserved (2/3) mixture from step #1 into the vitamix. Add 10 ounces of strawberries and blend until creamy. Add sweetener to taste if necessary. Dump into its own container & place in freezer.
- Chocolate: Without bothering to rinse your Vitamix, dump remaining 1/2 of the reserved mixture from step #1 into the vitamix and add 2 Tbsp cacao (or more if you like), a touch of sea salt, pinch of cinnamon if desired, and sweetener to taste. Blend until creamy. Place in a 3rd container in the freezer.
- If your 1/2 cup coconut oil isn't already liquified (which it will be if your home is over 76F) place it in a glass mixing bowl over a barely steaming pot of water (creating a double boiler affect) and stir til just liquified. Remove promptly to keep raw.
- Mix in the 1/4 cup cacao, sweetener of choice, sea salt and cinnamon to taste. Taste to adjust flavorings to your desired affect.
- Pour into a lovely pourable container and set aside. *Store at room temperature to keep liquified. If solidification occurs just use the method above to liquify again- tho this won't be an issue unless you have leftovers.
- Coconut nectar is your amazing caramel sauce. Simply pour it into your lovely container of choice to serve alonside your Banana Split Sundae!
- Scoop 1 ball of each the 3 Nice-Creams into a sundae dish.
- Slice a pretty banana in 1/2 and place halves on either side of the Nice-Creams.
- Place 4 or 5 Raw Brownie Chunks around the dish.
- Drizzle with Hot Fudge and Caramel Sauce
- Sprinkle with a handful of chopped walnuts.
- Add a dallop of Whipped Cashew Cream.
- Top it with a REAL cherry and...
Do you have a favorite sweet or savory recipe you'd like transormed into a beautiful raw vegan version?
Share in the comments below and I'll recreate it for you!