Strawberries-n-Cream "Nice-Cream" with Raw Fudge Brownie Topping tastes too good to be true. So incredibly delicious on a hot summer day... Sweet, creamy goodness topped with chunks of rich chocolate brownie.
How did we get SO lucky?!
Proving once again...
we CAN have our
& eat them too
AND devour every last delectable bite
absolutely. no. guilt.
Strawberries-n-Cream "Nice"-Cream with Raw Fudge Brownie Topping... um YUM!
In fact this luscious treat is a powerful meal like no other. Brimming with...
- protein (walnuts, almonds, bananas)
- heart, skin & brain boosting omega-3's (walnuts)
- blood pressure stabilizing potassium (bananas)
- antioxidants galore (walnuts, almonds, strawberries & cacao)
- mood-boosting PEA (cacao)
- bone building calcium & magnesium (almonds, bananas)
- high levels of depression banishing & memory enhancing tryptophan (bananas)
- prebiotics, natural antacid & blood sugar stabilization (bananas)
- iron (cacao, bananas)
- fiber (almonds, walnuts, bananas, strawberries)
- folic acid, magnesium, riboflavin, Vitamin E & tocopherols (almonds)
- anthocyanins, which stimulate burning of stored fat & boost short term memory by 100% over 8 weeks (strawberries)
- C-reactive protein (aka inflammation) lowering power (strawberries)
- biotin to build strong hair & nails, & ellagic acid to protect elastic fibers in our skin to prevent sagging (strawberries)
And that's just the tip of the 'Nice'-berg! The astonishing benefits of this deceptively delicious meal go on and on. However, let's get straight to the recipe before our tastebuds go crazy from all that drooling :)
fabulous for our bodies, minds & soul :)
Strawberries -n- Cream Nice-Cream makes us beautiful from the inside out!
Recipe for Strawberries-n-Cream "Nice - Cream" with Raw Brownie Topping
- 5 or 6 reaaaaallly ripe frozen bananas *TIP be sure to peel your nanas before you freeze them!
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- Blend all the bananas in a high speed blender such as a Vitamix, using tamper.
- Scrape 3/4 of the mixture out of blender and set aside.
- Add strawberries to remaining vanilla mixture to create a beautiful light-pink hue.
- Layer into serving bowls/glasses in 3 layers, starting with a bit of vanilla "Nice-Cream" then the strawberry "Nice-Cream", ending with the rest of the vanilla "Nice-Cream" on top.
*This simplified recipe is absolutely fabulous as is. However, if you so desire, feel free to add some vanilla powder to the vanilla-cream base, & even some fresh, peeled lemon - yes, that's right, lemon! I love adding the lemon for a delish freshness you can't quite detect + more vitamin C power & it keeps the ice-cream from oxidizing too!
Raw Fudge Brownie Topping
- 1/2 cup walnuts (preferably soaked & sprouted scroll 1/2 way down link for instructions ~> here )
- 1/2 cup almonds (preferably soaked & sprouted scroll 1/2 way down link for instructions ~> here )
- 1 or 2 heaping Tblsp Cacao
- 7 or 8 pitted dates halved to assist food processor
- pinch of sea salt
- cinnamon to taste
- vanilla powder to taste (if subbing vanilla extract instead, adjust amount of water added below)
- Pulse all the above ingredients in a food processor until well blended adding a Tbsp or 2 of water to moisten mixture so that it sticks together in a firm yet sticky mass.
- Scrape mixture out and mold into one large rectangle using a pan to make it easier, or, alternatively, roll into balls.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- Cut into pieces to your liking, and top off Nice-Cream sundaes. Store leftovers in freezer.
How is your Summer going?
Have you tried anything new (holistic health/food/art related or not) this Summer? I'm still learning about wild edibles, adding all the various types we've planted to our daily green drinks & salads. delish. and unbelievably energizing. And, at this point I can say I have become 100% Raw Vegan without even aiming for it. No more detoxing is occurring for me now- and that's a statement I once wondered if I'd ever be able to make! Here's to becoming a clean, mean detoxified machine :)
Another thing new I'm into is no more air conditioning! There's nothing like falling asleep to the soft, cool night breeze on my face, the sounds of owls, rustling leaves or a patter of rain in the night... awakening to the beautiful chorus of birds each morning. Bringing the outside in brings us in touch with the rhythms of the Earth, the Universe. That unity. experiencing the ebb and flow of temperatures throughout the day. no resistance. the night cools, the morning warmth. and the heat of the afternoon...
Are you reading anything you're loving? I'm loving The Essential Rumi. wow. on par with Shakespeare.
Thank you for visiting :)
Like, Comment, Subscribe & Share!