Raw Vegan Taco Salad is totally to-LIVE-for! This gorgeous and delicious meal is a veritable cocktail of superfood power. Featuring the most amazing Tex-Mex Taco Meat (just like the real thing but better!) creamy avocado, zesty onion and bright, vibrant veggies atop cool, crisp, mineral-rich greens and an Ultra Creamy Hemp Seed Dressing drizzled all over top...
Oh my goodness! You've never had salad like this.
Raw Vegan Taco Salad bursting with vitamins, minerals, enzymes and flavor.
With freshness this big and flavors so bold it's no wonder the plant based living foods featured in Raw Vegan Taco Salad have such amazing healing powers on our bodies inside and out.
Beauty food never tasted SO good :)
This Vegan Taco Meat is incredible - my friends couldn't believe it wasn't real meat! And despite it's robust, knock-out flavor, it's a snap to make. No messy meat wrappers, spattery sauteeing or greasy pans to wash up after. This fresh and spicy Taco Meat takes all of 5 minutes to prepare and is impossible to resist nibbling on right out of the prep bowl. You'll want to make at least a double batch as it's fabulous in wraps, stuffed potatoes, tacos and lots more. It stays fresh for several days in the fridge - though never lasts that long.
This Vegan Taco Meat is impossible to resist eating right out of the prep bowl.
My Vegan Taco Meat recipe has the option to use either pecans or walnuts and it's fantastic either way. Both raw pecans and walnuts are brimming with healthy fats, protein, fiber, manganese, copper, enzymes and so much more I will bore you if I go on. However, let's just say your heart, skin, muscles, brain, hair and mood will all say thank you :)
Ultra Rich-n-Creamy Hemp Salad Dressing
Ultra Creamy Hemp Dressing is so heavenly we forget all about those commercial preservative, chemical and fat-laden dressings of the past. This one's winning on every level hands down: Flavor - check. Nutrition - check. Creamy Richness - check. Beautifying - check. I quadruple the recipe cause it's amazing as a veggie dip, on sandwiches, crackers - everything! You'll be licking the vitamix clean it's so yummy. Not only that, hemp seed has such a tremendous nutritional profile it deserves it's own blog post. Hemp is full of omega-3's, all 10 essential amino acids, 11 grams of protein (per 3 Tbsp), phytonutrients and anti-aging antioxidants. Hemp also provides a rich array of minerals including zinc, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and iron (25% of daily iron per 3 Tbsp serving!). The stuff is incredible! Now that's a powerhouse of a salad dressing :)
Raw Vegan Tex-Mex Salad with Pecan Taco Meat & Ultra Creamy Hemp Salad Dressing
Great health meets great taste with this party on a plate. Every forkful bursts with Tex-Mex flavor and rich indulgence...
Eating the rainbow is so very delicious and easy with Raw Vegan Taco Salad!
Fresh, enzyme rich, plant based, living foods build strong bodies, supple complexions, smooth shiny hair, and happy minds!
As always, this beautiful meal is not only delicious and simple to prepare, it's easy on the wallet and fantastic for creating a healthy body, mind and spirit. With dishes like these it's easy to be ready for the beach all year round without ever abandoning our tastebuds :) Raw Vegan Taco Salad is a grand slam winner!
Without further ado, the delish and oh so simple recipe!
Recipe for Raw Vegan Taco Salad (Serves 2)
Vegan Taco Meat
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts (preferably soaked overnight)
- 1/2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. (or more) garlic powder to taste
- 1 Tbs coconut aminos (or nama shoyu)
- 4 scallions (or chives) finely chopped
- Pulse the nuts in a food processor until chunky.
- Pour ground nuts into a mixing bowl. Add the spices and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the coconut aminos and scallions until well integrated.
Creamy Hemp Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp course sea salt - or to taste
- fresh cracked pepper - just a smidge
- optional: fresh chopped chives as garnish on top
- Add everything (except optional chive garnish) to your vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender a few times as you go.
Note: Turn this into a delish Ranch Dressing by adding in a bit of rosemary, dill, oregano, parsely & paprika!
Taco Salad Base and Assembly
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped or generous servings of mixed salad greens
- Red bell pepper, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Cucumber, chopped
- Red onion, diced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Cilantro torn across top (optional)
- Vegan Tex-Mex Taco Meat
- Ultra Creamy Hemp Seed Dressing
- Add salad greens as the base to each of two large bowls.
- Chop veggies into similar size pieces for textural continuity and arrange over top.
- Fan Avocado slices around the salad.
- Sprinkle Taco Meat across the salad
- Drizzle with Ultra Creamy Hemp Seed Dressing
Do you have a favorite Raw Vegan Salad?
How is your health & wellness journey going?
Share your thoughts, comments & questions below!
Thank you for visiting :)
Like, Comment, Subscribe & Share!