OMG I just had this Summer Salad with Raw Vegan Fresh Mozzarella Balls - and it was the BEST lunch ever!
Summer Salad with Fresh Vegan Baby "Mozzarella" (Bocconcini) is pure, over-the-top deliciousness! Perfectly ripe nectarines, multi-colored cherry tomatoes, golden corn and a punchy garden chive & cilantro vinaigrette whisked up with fresh lemon & olive oil are a perfect compliment to creamy, fresh baby "Mozzarella" aka Bocconcini.
I'm telling you, this is such heaven on a plate... and the best part is it's actually dairy free!
Summer Salad with Fresh, Raw Vegan Baby Bocconcini Balls
And just like that, as if summer couldn't get any better, it just has :)
I'd looked far and wide to no avail for a delicious raw vegan fresh mozzarella ball recipe and I finally created my own. It's SO simple and incredibly worth it for delicious, versatile, healthifying, dairy free, hormone free amazingness. This pure, creamy goodness is made from raw cashews packed with copper (98% RDV per serving of cashews) phosphorus, manganese, bone-building magnesium, heart-protective monounsaturated fats, fiber and flavor galore!
And, though I tend always to think of my food as my medicine, what we eat is also the primary contributor to our external wellness as well. Nectarines, tomatoes, corn, fresh herbs, lemon & EVOO are all packed with concentrated sources of beautifying phytonutrients such as anti-aging antioxidants, lots of vitamin A for clear glowing skin, vitamin C for collagen building power, skin plumping healthy fats, hydrating, living water, plus minerals, fiber and tons of life force power we get from beautiful, living foods. Summer Salad with Baby Bocconcini is just as much a boon to our outward appearance as it is feast for the eyes, our internal health and tastebuds too!
This is my submission to The Vegetable Pallette for the Mellow Yellow challenge, to Sarah at Maison Cupcake, Helen at Fuss Free Flavours and Michelle at Utterly Scrummy, and to Ren & Elizabeth at Simple and in Season!
Recipe for Summer Salad with Raw Vegan Fresh Mozzarella Balls
Raw Vegan Fresh Mozzarella Balls (Bocconcini)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 6 hours, drained & rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juiced (aprox 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste up to 1 tsp)
- a touch of stevia (I used about 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp (depends on humidity/seasons) filtered water
- 2 ears fresh corn, sliced off the cob
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 ripe nectarines, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped (save a few for garnish)
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped (save a bit for garnish)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup raw vegan mozzarella balls (below)
- Blend 1 cup soaked cashews, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp sea salt (or up to 1 tsp to taste) and 1/2 to 1 full Tbsp filtered water (start with less as you can always add more) in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Dump mozzarella cheese mixture into a container and place in freezer for 10 or 15 minutes to firm up or in fridge for a couple of hours.
- Once the cheese has firmed up, use a small melon ball sized spring-handled scooper to easily create tiny balls. Place all the mozzarella balls on a plate and put back into the freezer or fridge to keep firm while creating your salad.
- Gently toss corn, tomatoes and nectarines together.
- Stir together chopped scallion, cilantro & lemon juice . Next, whisk in olive oil.
- Season dressing with sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste .
- Pour 3/4 of dressing over corn/tomato/nectarine mixture and gently toss.
- Top salad with fresh mozzarella balls and drizzle remaining dressing over mozzarella balls.
- Garnish with a bit of leftover chives & cilantro.
What is your favorite raw vegan swapout?
Do you have a recipe you'd like made over/upgraded to raw vegan? Leave it in the comments below... I'm ready to take on the challenge!
Thank you for visiting :)
Like, Comment, Subscribe & Share!