No-Wheat Thins with Aged Treenut Cheese & Cranberry Compote (Raw Vegan)
No Wheat Thins and Artisinal Aged Treenut Cheese
No-Wheat Thins & a jar of Cranberry Relish make a perfect hostess gift!
I know I've got a hit recipe on my hands when I simply can't stop eating it during the photo shoot! Every other snap I found myself rewarded with yet another irressistable assembly of a Buttery No-Wheat Thin Cracker topped with Aged Treenut Cheese & sweet-tart Cranberry Compote... SOOO GOOD! And perfect for holiday entertaining! This little trio is a complete rockstar combo, however, these No-Wheat Thins are delicious enough to eat all by themselves, like chips. They even smell amazing! Seriously, their delicious aroma was why my photo shoot took 3 times longer than normal cause I couldn't resist their tantalizing scent of pure yumminess. I had so much fun popping these little cracker, cheese and cranberry relish bites into my mouth, it's amazing I had any product left to photograph :)
Two more easy-peasy raw vegan recipes to impress and convert even the most die-hard of SAD (Standard American Diet) devotees :) Filled with the most amazing fresh, vibrant flavor, brimming with high-vibe life force and everything we need to feel and look as amazing as we are! I'm quite proud of both these concoctions as I've tried SO many raw vegan cracker recipes I just didn't care for at all. If you love buttery, salty crackers with an ever so slii-iiightly sweet background note, then these are for you! The sesame and almonds provide a luxurious richness that takes the flavor right over the top - and of course these babies are gluten/wheat/grain/dairy & sugar free! As for the Cranberry Compote... THE BEST. A perfect slightly jellified, firm textured relish with the most gorgeous flavor you've ever had since these cranberries are radiantly alive! This perfectly sweet compote is sweet as can be with that cranberry tang we love. Topped with a twist of orange zest over aged treenut cheese (recipe coming soon, meantime this Baby "Mozzarella" is absolutely devine) on my No-Wheat Thins... Pure Heaven!
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds soaked overnight & drained
- 1/2 cup raw golden flax soaked overnight & drained
- 1 cup raw almonds soaked overnight & drained
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celtic sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Dump all ingredients into a food processor (the moisture from soaking/rinsing your seeds & nuts should be adequate especially since the flax holds on to quite a bit, however feel free to add a tablespoon or so extra if necessary) and pulse until well incorporated and a dough forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread the dough, using a spatula, across two teflex sheets (I spread mine about 1/8" thick, covering about 1 1/2 sheets) of your dehydrator or onto a silpat if you don't yet own a dehydrator. The thinner you spread the dough the faster your crackers will crisp.
- Score the dough into cracker sized pieces with a knife. Dehydrate at 135 for the first hour, then turn down to 115 for another 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, flip the dough onto a dehydrator screen and dehydrate another 1 or 2 hours until the crackers reach the level of crispness you prefer. Timing will vary depending on climate. Store wrapped in a bit of parchment in an air tight container in the fridge to keep crisp. If using an oven, set the temperature to the lowest possible setting. Please be aware that the crackers will probably not be raw using an oven due to their typically higher heat.
Recipe for Raw Vegan Cranberry Compote (best to make 2 days ahead as it continues to jellify during entire 48 hours reaching a perfect ever-so-slightly jellified relish consistency)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 Tbsp black chia seed
- 3 Tbsp coconut water, orange juice, apple juice or filtered water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp powdered stevia (or sub coconut nectar, raw honey, maple syrup or coconut crystals reducing liquid above if using a liquid sweetener here)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp ceylon cinnamon OR a couple of drops of edible grade sweet orange essential oil
- orange zest for garnish
- Stir together chia, coconut water (or juice depending on what using), vanilla powder and cinnamon (or sweet orange essential oil depending on what using). Allow to sit for 15 minutes to form a gel, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Pulse the 2 cups cranberries and your sweetener in a food processor until only slightly broken down.
- Dump the chia gel into the food processor slightly processed cranberries and continue to pulse until the mixture is incorporated and retains the texture of relish as pictured above. Be mindful not to overprocess.
- Pour the mixture into a decorative jar and allow to set, ideally, for 48 hours. This isn't going to become cranberry jello or jelly- it's a relish style compote. However, the setting will enable the relish to stay firm in a small bundt pan shape for example and it will have a firm lightly jellified texture after 48 hours. Serve garnished with orange zest.
What raw food or vegan dishes have you made and loved lately?! Do you have any questions I might be able to address for you?
Thank you for visiting :)
Comment, Like, Subscribe & Share!