Lemon Bavarois with Raspberry Syrup. It's supposed to be layered but I goofed my first time making:-)
Layers of sweet-tart Lemon Bavarois
Masterfully contrasted between
Velvet ribbons of Raspberry Syrup...
Drooling... Oops, uh, was I in the middle of something? Apologies- I'm back!
Let's just say Lemon Bavarois with Raspberry Syrup from Matthew Kenney's, Everyday Raw Express, is beyond amaze!
This luscious dessert is an example of Mr. Kenney's pure genius in the world of raw vegan cuisine. After all, he wasn't recipient of Food & Wine Magazine's prestigious "America's Best New Chef" award for nothing. This simple-to-prepare recipe has all the rich, vibrant complexity of a traditional gourmet dessert, without all the refined sugar, eggs, butter or flour. And trust me, you won't miss those.
Please enjoy this delicious showcase of Matthew Kenney's philosophy: bringing together culinary art and ultimate nutrition.
Lemon Bavarois with Raspberry Syrup
(Serves 8 - a little goes a long way- it's rich!)
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (taste as you go, depends on how tart you like it)
- 2/3 cup raw coconut nectar, maple syrup (grade B), or raw honey (I've updated this from the original recipe, which calls for agave. Cocount nectar is only 10% fructose as compared to agave which is 97%!)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon zest (taste as you go, I only used 2 Tbsp)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 cups raspberries
- 6-8 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- Blend cashews, lemon juice and agave in a high-speed blender until smooth. Gradually add coconut oil and remaining ingredients; continue to blend until smooth. Fill Serving dishes (I used 8, 3.5 oz. freezer-safe, juice glasses. Tiny ramekins would work well too.) half full with aproximately half the Bavarois mixture and allow to set in freezer until partially set.
- Meanwhile, make Raspberry Syrup by blending all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Pour syrup over partially set Bavarois and top with remaining Bavarois. Return to freezer until set.
- Remove from freezer and garnish with orange zest to serve.
**Mine doesn't appear layered because I goofed the 1st time making:-) However, it still tasted amazing!
You may also enjoy: Siblings