Delicious bite of Braised Thick-cut Pork Chops in Country Gravy
For the men in your life...
Braised Thick-cut Pork Chops in Country Gravy.
Need I say more?
Of course, as I prefer my recipes to be, simple to prepare, healthy and fabulously satisfying. Oh, did I mention fall apart tender...
Braised Thick-cut Pork Chops in Country Gravy
- 4 thick-cut pork chops (at least 1" thick)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups & another 2 cups milk separated (4 cups total)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Coat 4 chops with 3 tablespoons flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning & tiny pinch of pepper, by shaking it all together in a large ziplock baggie til chops coated.
- Set chops aside & reserve the remaining flour mixture.
- Whisk the reserved flour mixture slowly into 1 1/2 cups of milk to make a slurry & set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, add chops & brown 4-5 minutes per side.
- Turn heat down to LOW (even moving your pan to the lowest burning burner), add milk slurry to pan, cover & braise chops for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn chops, add an additional 2 cups milk & braise 15 min more, still stirring occasionally. Remove lid and cook for several minutes more OR until gravy is thickened & bubbly.
- Serve immediately, spooning gravy over pork chops.
What kinds of dishes does the man in your life like?
Check out StyleNectar's New Recipe Index!