Zippy Pepita Tuna Salad is one of my favorite go-to lunches. A FAR cry from any tuna salad you've had before, this perfectly balanced combination delivers every flavor note and texture profile your taste buds have been craving!
Chewy, dried cranberries and blueberries sing a sweet-tart tang amongst the bacony crunch of smokey, toasted pepitas, unctuous olive oil packed tuna, zingy diced onion and fresh rosemary, all melded by a deliciously creamy mayonaise. Zippy Pepita Tuna Salad's lively symphony of flavors will keep you coming back day after day after day!
Zippy Pepita Tuna Salad
- 1 can olive oil packed chunk light tuna, drained (Chunk light tuna has the safest mercury level of all the tuna options- yes, it's a better choice over white!)
- handful of dried cranberries (I like these organic, fruit juice sweetened berries)
- handful of dried blueberries (I like these organic, fruit juice sweetened berries.)
- 3 or 4 tablespoons pepitas, TOASTED (DON'T skip toasting- this is crucial to the flavor balance!)
- 2 or 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (be a tad careful with the amount of rosemary as it's flavor is quite assertive)
- 2 or 3 spoonfuls of HIGH QUALITY mayonnaise
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Gently flake the drained, olive oil packed tuna into a large bowl. With a fork, lightly toss in the dried berries, toasted pepitas, chopped onion and rosemary.
- Add a few dallops of best quality mayonnaise to achieve your desired level of creaminess. Season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Check out StyleNectar's new Recipe Index!