My favorite brand for both cooking & beauty: Frantoia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
With the onset of chilly, humidity-free weather, I'll be making some adjustments to my skin care regime - providing a perfect opportunity to share a favorite Fall/Winter beauty secret, my
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Gentle Exfoliating Facial Wash!
Your skin will glow as if you’ve had microdermabrasion - however this method is much gentler - enough so that I'll use it daily in the driest winter months.
Olive oil skin care is nothing new. In fact, this ancient beauty secret was discovered over 5000 years ago when it became an essential component of skin care. So take a hint from the beautiful Mediterraneans of today and long ago and try it for yourself! This anti-aging, antioxidant-rich oil can be YOUR personal beauty secret, too!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Gentle Exfoliating Facial Wash:
- 1 Tbsp. or so EVOO
- 1 1/2 Tsp. or so Baking Soda
- 1 or 2 Droplets Warm Water
- Pour a little EVOO into the palm of your hand (or you may prefer to mix in a small dish the first couple of times).
- Next add a bit of baking soda to the oil in your palm. The baking soda serves as the exfoliating component.
- Add a few droplets of water.
- Gently mix in your palm with a fingertip to form a loose paste.
- With slightly moist finger tips, gently massage the paste over your skin in a circular motion, avoiding the delicate eye area.
- Rinse gently with warm water and a soft wash cloth.
PS. EVOO is also an excellent eye-makeup remover.
What is your favorite beauty secret?